We’re taking a trip to England’s capital for the next instalment of our series casting a light on the iconic buildings and areas that house our Clockwise coworking spaces. Welcome to flexible office solutions at Greenside House in London’s Wood Green.
Near Alexandra Palace with its rolling parkland and a short bus ride from Tottenham Hotspur’s White Hart Lane football stadium is Greenside House in Wood Green, London.
This formerly cold, steely 1980s edifice at odds with the hectares of parkland just round the corner, got a new lease on life in 2021 with an £8 million refurbishment and reimagining by renowned architects Hawkins/Brown.
‘Inspired by the surrounding area, we proposed an indoor green route – starting from the entrance, running through a full-height atrium and ending in a roof terrace – to visually reconnect the building to Alexandra Park. The route also establishes pockets of green space that work as backdrops for activities, and which encourage people to interact and socialise.’- Hawkins/Brown.
Enhancing the characteristics of the Greenside House building with nods to 1980s post-modernism, they engaged with the traditionally arty local community in Wood Green to commission site-specific works. There was also a particular focus on reducing carbon emissions within the building and promoting wellbeing, both of which Clockwise places particular importance on.
Today, Clockwise Wood Green is a bright, open shared office space with incredible views of Alexandra Park and the surrounding areas in this iconic part of North London. Celebrating the stunning natural parkland around the corner, Greenside House is an attractive proposition both aesthetically and practically thanks to the considered design features.
The amenities on offer at Clockwise Wood Green include:
- 24/7 access
- High-speed wifi
- Meeting rooms
- Breakout areas
- Event spaces
- Cafe serving hot and cold food
- Two rooftop terraces
But the positives of the flexible office spaces on offer aren’t just confined to within the walls of Greenside House.
Positioned just a few minutes walk from Wood Green tube (on the Piccadilly line), round the corner from Alexandra Palace train station and with extensive bus options serving the whole of London, Clockwise Wood Green has incredible transport links and an exciting array of options for lunches, client dinners and after-work drinks.
Below is a small selection of our favourite places to eat, drink and enjoy in the local area around our shared offices.
- Alexandra Palace- This Grade II-listed cultural and sports venue, parkland and Victorian icon of old London is just minutes from Clockwise Wood Green. Fireworks night, gigs, street food festivals, Christmas ice rinks- your social calendar is always sorted at Ally Pally.
- Cafe Corso- Incredible lunch stop for sandwiches, quiches, hot food and of course, excellent coffee for your morning caffeine fix or afternoon pick-me-up.
- The Goodness Taproom- This taproom from the wonderful Goodness brewery offers quality, easy-drinking beers with vibrant, fruity flavours. A real local vibe and the perfect place for a pizza and pint after a long day.
- Areca- For a real taste of the local area, the Lebanese food at Areca is one of our favourites. Beautiful venue, great shawarma and a warm welcome.
- Karamel- A previous Time Out Love London awards winner, vegan food & wine is the speciality of this restaurant and gallery. They even have weekly live music!
- The Prince N22- Every office needs a local pub and for us, it would be the Prince. Keg, cask, cider and wine meet a menu of well-executed pub grub in this hidden gem.
Get in touch today to discuss how our flexible memberships for coworking spaces, private serviced offices or even hot-desking could help you make the historic Wood Green your home, for work.