Sustainability is ingrained in our corporate vision and values, our culture, and everyday actions.
Corporate Social Responsibility
A future in which every work environment and experience has a positive impact for people, places and the planet is a key part of the Clockwise vision.
Our vision is for a future in which every work environment and experience has a positive impact for people, places and the planet.
To achieve this vision, we have created a framework to guide our actions. The Clockwise Positive Impact Strategy 2021 is based on our biggest environmental impacts, our values, and our opportunity to influence.
It captures our four key goals – Climate Change, Circular Economy, Health & Wellbeing and Socio-Economic Impact – and details a roadmap for achieving them.
We recognise that we need to advance our sustainability maturity and put a series of key enablers in place. As such, our goals will be underpinned by:
- Governance & Culture
- Systems & Processes
- Performance, Attitudes
- Skills & Understanding
- Marketing & Communications
Help tackle the climate emergency by creating carbon neutral workspaces across the UK, becoming a carbon positive business by 2030.
- Undertake carbon footprint analysis of our business operations
- Develop a Carbon Management Strategy
- Take action to become a certified carbon neutral business in 2022
- Buildings designed to be net zero operational carbon by 2025
- Work towards being a carbon positive business by 2030
Strive towards zero waste and use of sustainable materials, by embedding circular economy principles into the way we design, operate and maintain our spaces.
- Continue to refurbish and add value to run-down buildings
- Measure and report on our waste generation and recycling
- Design spaces that are adaptable and use sustainable materials
- Seek to maximise reuse and recycling of any waste
- Significantly reduce the use of single-use plastics
Health & Wellbeing
Provide spaces and services that enhance the productivity, health and wellbeing of colleagues and members.
- Trial the WELL Building Standard on one of our new offices
- Provide bike storage, showers and lockers
- Provide healthy and sustainably sourced catering
- Conduct Post Occupancy Evaluations
- Provide access to health and wellbeing support services for colleagues and members
Proactively support the UK’s levelling up agenda and help reduce inequalities. Support new businesses to thrive and create positive socio-economic impact in our local communities.
- Foster entrepreneurialism and enterprise
- Investigate options to support businesses in their infancy
- Seek to procure products and services from local, independent and sustainable businesses
- Employ a diverse workforce and provide employment opportunities
- Support our colleagues to volunteer their time on meaningful initiatives
Joined up thinking
Clockwise’s owners, Castleforge Partners, has appointed Evora, a leading sustainability consultant, to help develop and implement a sustainability strategy framework for their business and investment portfolio. As part of this engagement, Castleforge is implementing systems to monitor, measure and report sustainability performance to better understand and improve the environmental performance of assets. As Castleforge’s sustainability strategy develops, we will work closely with them to align our approaches wherever possible.
We are deeply committed to sustainability, and want to be at the forefront of providing environmentally and socially responsible workspaces that contribute to the well-being of all who use our spaces.
This first iteration of our Positive Impact Strategy details our pledge for the future and as our business grows, so will our approach.
Download Full Document
Fill out the form below to get access to the full document.