Sustainability is ingrained in our corporate vision and values, our culture, and everyday actions.
Corporate Social Responsibility
A future in which every work environment and experience has a positive impact for people, places and the planet is a key part of the Clockwise vision.
Our vision is for a future in which every work environment and experience has a positive impact for people, places and the planet.
To achieve this vision, we have created a framework to guide our actions. The Clockwise Positive Impact Strategy is based on our biggest environmental impacts, our values, and our opportunity to influence.
It captures our four key goals – Climate Change, Circular Economy, Health & Wellbeing and Socio-Economic Impact – and details a roadmap for achieving them.
We recognise that we need to advance our sustainability maturity and put a series of key enablers in place. As such, our goals are underpinned by:
- Governance & Culture
- Systems & Processes
- Performance, Attitudes
- Skills & Understanding
- Marketing & Communications
Help tackle the climate emergency by reducing carbon emissions in our workspaces across the UK and Europe, becoming carbon neutral by 2025.
- Undertake carbon footprint analysis of our business operations
- Develop a Carbon Management Strategy to cover Scope 1, 2 and business travel in Scope 3* and the design of new office spaces
- Take action to become a certified carbon neutral business by 2025
- Create a culture of environmental awareness
- Report on our carbon performance annually
- Work towards being net zero for Scopes 1 and 2 by 2030
Strive towards zero waste and use of sustainable materials by embedding circular economy principles into the way we design, operate and maintain our spaces.
- Continue to refurbish and add value to older buildings
- Procure high quality products from sustainable sources that are long lasting
- Measure and report on our waste generation and recycling
- Significantly reduce the use of single-use plastics
- Ensure any branded merchandise reflects our sustainability values
- Educate ourselves about the circular economy
- Inform and engage with our members on consumption and waste
Health & Wellbeing
Provide spaces and services that enhance the productivity, health and wellbeing of colleagues and members.
- Design healthy workspaces that improve indoor air quality, maximise daylight, have adequate ventilation and incorporate biophilia
- Trial the WELL Building Standard in one of our new offices
- Implement a rigorous cleaning regime and use natural cleaning products
- Provide healthy and sustainably sourced catering
- Continue rollout of Clockwise health and wellbeing initiatives to colleagues and members
Support new businesses to thrive and create positive socio-economic impact in our local communities across the UK and in Europe. Proactively support the UK’s levelling up agenda and help reduce inequalities.
- Foster entrepreneurialism and enterprise
- Investigate options to support businesses in their infancy
- Create positive social impact in the communities we operate
- Identify local businesses and services who share our ethos to provide perks and benefits for our members
- Employ a diverse workforce and provide employment opportunities
- Support our colleagues to volunteer their time on meaningful initiatives
To further implement our sustainability initiatives, Clockwise has established a Green Committee, with 23% of our workforce across every Clockwise location actively involved. The committee’s objective is to foster collaboration, idea sharing, and feedback on initiatives, and serve as an information hub for Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) matters. We are dedicated to making positive changes to people, places, and the planet, as we strive towards a more sustainable future.