In a new series introducing you to the areas in and around the iconic buildings that house our shared office and coworking spaces, we’re kicking off with Clockwise Leeds in the iconic Yorkshire House building, right in the heart of the city.
After an acquisition by Castleforge and overhaul by renowned architect firm MoreySmith , Yorkshire House has a new lease on life. Retaining the feel of 1930s Modernism with lots of natural light and high ceilings while stepping into the energy-efficient LED-lit modern era, it straddles Greek Street and East Parade, right in the heart of the dynamic central business district.
As with all Clockwise locations, Yorkshire House is equipped with everything you’d need from a shared workspace- from collaborative technology to 24/7 access, event spaces to breakout areas, an onsite cafe and meeting rooms alongside permanent flexibility, ongoing support and proactive service, for a range of businesses, whatever their size.
Yorkshire House is the perfect Leeds location for coworking, hot-desking or even a bespoke private office, set out over six thoughtfully designed floors and just 10 minutes from the bus and train stations, walking distance from the brand new Trinity Leeds shopping centre and surrounded by exceptional amenities.
With Leeds touted as the UK’s fastest-growing city complete with an economy to match, renowned universities and an ever-expanding population of young professionals, entrepreneurs and start-ups, the local area around Yorkshire House is an attractive proposition for your home for work.
Being in the heart of it all means being just a stone’s throw away from some of the best food, drink & culture the city has to offer from Greek Street to East Parade and beyond. For business meetings, after-work drinks or a place to take a putt after a long day, here are some of our favourites:
- Moose Cafe – A cafe with a love for North American breakfasts. Great coffee and stacks of pancakes, just down the road from the office.
- The Alchemist – This creative cocktail bar is mere seconds away from the office. So close that it is, in fact, also housed in Yorkshire House! A ‘temple to molecular mixology’, The Alchemist is all about the twist but also does the classics properly.
- Leeds Corn Exchange – There are various shopping centres in strolling distance of Yorkshire House but we love the Corn Exchange for a shopping experience in a Victorian Leeds landmark with businesses run by craftspeople and creators.
- Chow Down at Temple Arches – For Friday night bites (or Thursday if the weekend is starting early), Chow Down is an open-air drinking and dining experience with some of the best street food options in the city, live music and a range of exciting events throughout the year.
- Park Square – If you’re bringing your lunch from home, this beautiful green Georgian square surrounded by flowers and law firms with the Byzantine-inspired St Paul’s rising above it is a great choice for al fresco over al desko.
- Tattu – The perfect lunch place for a business lunch with clients, this contemporary Chinese restaurant is just a 1-minute walk from Yorkshire House and offers some of the best dim sum around!
- Junkyard Golf – For those who enjoy their after-work cocktail with a side of updated mini-golf, this unusual venue near the office offers three hilarious courses from dark fairground to scrap yard with a fully-stocked bar.
Our Yorkshire House location attracts an array of different businesses looking for a flexible office solution that has the right amenities both in and around it. Find out more about making Clockwise Leeds your home, for work.